Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 3054 times)

Steve Van Hook

• Administrator
  • Just call me "Steve"
    • Multicultural Research
Welcome!
« on: November 28, 2013, 10:29:58 AM »
Welcome to the class.

This board will provide access to your customized readings and resources for this special course in Communication Skills for the Business Professional.

Over our weeks together, I'll post  course topics and resource items for you to review. Please comment on the topics and resources, selecting excerpts you feel are most useful and relevant.

You can also post your writing tasks and samples on this board. I will provide feedback as warranted.

For now, please write just a brief introduction of yourself, giving a succinct overview of your background and aspirations.

I'll start it off below.

Good luck with the program!

~Steve

Steve Van Hook

• Administrator
  • Just call me "Steve"
    • Multicultural Research
Re: Steve's Introduction
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 10:50:22 AM »
My name is Steve Van Hook, and I'll be your instructor for this course.

I've worked the last 20 or so years in management, economic development, education, and communications -- in corporate, government, news media, and international posts. About half of those years have been spent with television & public education projects in Russia and Ukraine.

I have a PhD in Education, an MA in Business Communications, and a BA in Journalism. I teach marketing, global management, communications, and economics courses for the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), UCSB, CLU, Saylor University, and elsewhere.

You can find more about me in my Instructor listing on the class homepage at http://ucsb.wwmr.us

I look forward to working with you throughout the course.

~Steve