Author Topic: Week 1 Discussions  (Read 3985 times)

Steve Van Hook

• Administrator
  • Just call me "Steve"
    • Multicultural Research
Week 1 Discussions
« on: November 20, 2012, 08:22:50 PM »
Please note: This discussion forum is for demonstration purposes only. If you are a student in the course, you need to "log-in" or activate your access by clicking the "register" button at the top of this screen.

Week 1 Discussion

Each week I'll post some discussion items for you to review. Please select one of the discussion topics below and post your response. You can rely on the textbook for ideas, but please post your own thoughts on the issue.

Once you're done, please post a reply to at least one of your classmates' postings.

Discussion Topics:

> What kinds of social interactions might be considered through the study of economics?

> What are some of the most important issues facing us today in the world's economies?

> How does international trade impact your life?

> Please comment on any of the readings assigned for this week.

Return to the Global Economies course homepage: http://courses.wwmr.us

Steve Van Hook

• Administrator
  • Just call me "Steve"
    • Multicultural Research
Re: Week 1 Discussions
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 08:29:19 PM »
> How does international trade impact your life?

International trade is very important to me since I like to drive a Fiat, and my favorite food is imported caviar. My life would not be as happy if I was not able to get those products in the United States through international trade.

- Fred

Steve Van Hook

• Administrator
  • Just call me "Steve"
    • Multicultural Research
Re: Week 1 Discussions
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 08:29:43 PM »
> What are some of the most important issues facing us today in the world's economies?

I think one of the biggest problems in the global economy is how well different systems may interact with each other. Especially formerly communist countries that are trying to adapt to a capitalist way of living.

- Natasha