Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2962 times)

Steve Van Hook

• Administrator
  • Just call me "Steve"
    • Multicultural Research
Introduction
« on: November 20, 2012, 08:19:50 PM »
Please note: This discussion forum is for demonstration purposes only. If you are a student in the course, you need to log-in or activate your access by clicking the "register" button at the top of this screen.

Welcome to the Understanding Global Economies discussion forum.

Each week I'll post some discussion items for you to review. Please post a reply to one of the discussion questions, and then reply to at least one of your classmates' postings. Feel free to start your own discussion subjects.

When posting a message, please don't forget a subject heading. If you're skilled and adventurous, you can use the html features if you like.

Anytime you'd like to return to the main course website, please use the url: http://courses.wwmr.us

For now, please post a brief self-introduction as a reply to this message.

I look forward to working with you over the weeks ahead.

~ Steve
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 08:28:37 PM by Steve Van Hook »

Steve Van Hook

• Administrator
  • Just call me "Steve"
    • Multicultural Research
Re: Steve's Introduction
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 08:21:31 PM »
My name is Steve Van Hook, and I'll be your instructor for this course.

I've worked the last 20 or so years in management, economic development, education, and communications -- in corporate, government, news media, and international posts. About half of those years have been spent with television & public education projects in Russia and Ukraine.

I have a PhD in Education, an MA in Business Communications, and a BA in Journalism. I teach marketing, global management, communications, and economics courses for UCSB, UCLA, California Lutheran University, and elsewhere.

You can find more about me in my Instructor listing on the class homepage at http://ucsb.wwmr.us

I look forward to working with you throughout the course.

Steve